Dubai Police Chief, Dahi Khalfan, who is known for his public animosity toward the Muslim Brotherhood, is increasingly using anti-Israel conspiracy theories and anti-Semitism in his Twitter campaign against the Muslim Brotherhood.
Khalfan, who also holds the rank of Lieutenant General and serves as a member of the Executive Council of the Government of Dubai, has over 300 thousand followers on his Twitter account, which he devotes primarily to criticism the Muslim Brotherhood.
In his tweets, Khalfan tries to discredit the Brotherhood by describing nefarious allegiance to Israel and Jews. The way Khalfan uses these conspiracy theories demonstrates that no allegation made against Jews and Israel is too absurd when it is used to stigmatize and discredit others in Arab world.
On January 2, for example, Khalfan Retweeted a link to a YouTube video titled “The Jewish-Muslim Brotherhood alliance and the project of establishing Greater Israel.” The video accuses the Jews of using the Brotherhood to achieve their goal of controlling Muslims and establishing greater Israel.
Several of Khalfan’s tweets from January 4 attempt to discredit the Brotherhood by suggesting that the group cares too much about Jews. For example:
- When one of the brotherhood officials, Essam El-Erian, called for Egyptian Jews to return to Egypt to accelerate the destruction of Israel, Khalfan mocked the Brotherhood, tweeting, “Essam El-erian says to the Jews who left Egypt ‘Wahashtoona’ [love song: We miss you].”
- He also tweeted, “The Muslim Brotherhood fell down in public opinion as their ugly creed is shown to be ‘The goal justifies the mean’/// how fast you romanticized the Jews, couldn’t you wait a year at least… such a rush.”
- A third tweet read, “Yesterday the song of the Ikhwanjia [Muslim Brotherhood] was: in Millions we march to liberate Palestine, but today the Ikhwanjia’s chant ‘Oh precious Jews, come back where you are, take whatever you want’”
Below is a sampling of Khalfan’s tweets linking Israel to the Brotherhood, which he views as a safeguard for Israel.
- On January 26, Khalfan tweeted: “The Brotherhood is a corrupt group that cannot lead the Ummah [Islamic nation]. They came [to power] by an American choice to achieve the security of Israel — no more.”
- On January 25, Khalfan tweeted that Hamas and Islamic Jihad are complicit in a Muslim Brotherhood’s role to protect Israel: “Get the facts: the Muslim Brotherhood means ensuring the safety of Israel by Hamas and [Islamic] Jihad…”
Tags: anti-Israel, anti-Semitism, dahi khalfan, dubai, essam el erian, hamas, muslim brotherhood, twitter, united arab emirates, ألامارات العربية المتحدة, الاخوان المسلمون, اللاسامية, اليهود, رابطة مكافحة التشهير, ضاحي