Update: The Malonga Center decided not to host the event because of a permit issue and the event was ultimately held at a nearby Islamic Cultural Center.”
Gilad Atzmon, an anti-Semitic author, writer and musician based in London, is scheduled to speak in Oakland, California, on February 25, at a “benefit for the Global March to Jerusalem – North America.”
According to a flyer publicizing the event, Atzmon will appear with Dennis Bernstein, producer and co-host of KPFA news program, Flashpoints Radio, at the Malonga Casquelourd Center for the Arts, which is administered by the City of Oakland and its Department of Parks and Recreation.
The “Global March to Jerusalem” campaign seeks to coordinate efforts by activists from around the world to cross Israel’s borders and enter Jerusalem to “demand [its] freedom” on March 30, 2012. The “Global March to Jerusalem” Facebook page is rife with anti-Semitic and other extreme content.
While Atzmon rejects being characterized as an anti-Semite, the following remarks from his writings reveal an almost obsessive hatred of Jews and Jewish identity.
· “Tolerance, democracy and liberalism, are foreign to Jewish political precepts which are all racially orientated and supremacist to the bone.”
· “I like to fight alone; I take responsibility. Along the years, there have been a lot attempts to destroy the few of us who have stood up against Jewish power.”
· “We are all subject to Zionist global politics. According to my model, the credit crunch is in fact a Zionist ‘punch’.”
· “Jews were responsible for the killing of Jesus.”
· “If the Left wants to stop Israel for real, then it must openly question the notion of Jewish Power and its role within Western politics and media. But can the Left do it? I am not so sure.”
· “I’m not going to say whether it is right or not to burn down a synagogue, I can see that it is a rational act.”
Tags: ADL, anti-Israel, anti-Semitism, facebook, gilad atzmon, global march to jerusalem